Oway Information Security Policy
Oway Inc. respect your concerns about information security. Oway is committed to protecting the security of the information we collect and maintain about our most important asset - our customers
How We Protect Information about our Customers
- Industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption is always used to protect your purchase information while in transit.
- Stored credit card information is always encrypted and maintained in an environment that has been certified as PCI DSS compliant by a qualified security assessor.
- Oway websites are constantly scanned and validated to verify application and network security.
- All internal security standards, policies and practices are frequently reviewed and improved based on the current industry security practices.
Information Security Tips for Protecting Yourself
- Never share your user ID or password. Remember, anybody who holds your account login information can access your account and make a purchase.
- Create a secure password. The more secure your password is, the harder it is to guess. While it's not required, we suggest that you choose a password that is at least 7 characters and includes a mix of letters, numbers and special symbols.
- Avoid using easily identifiable or personal information as your password, such as a word from a dictionary, family or pet’s name, or email address.
- Be cautious about using a public computer, as it may contain keylogger software designed to steal your login credentials. If you do decide to use a public computer to shop on the Oway websites, do not forget to sign out from the website when you have finished using the public computer.
- Oway will never initiate the request for your account password or any other sensitive account information, such as your credit card.
- If you contact Oway Customer Support, we may verify your identity by asking for non-critical information, such as your account user name, shipping address or past order information.
- If you have received a suspicious email that appears to have come from Oway or have concerns about an email request you have received from Oway, please forward the email to security@Owaytrip.com. For all other issues, please visit our customer support page
On the Phone
When you call Oway Customer Support, we may verify your identity by asking for information such as your current shipping address, order information or the last four digits or expiration date of the credit card we have on file for your account.
When you go to Login or Check Out pages on the Oway websites, you will notice the closed lock icon at the top or bottom of your browser or the “HTTPS://” prefix in the URL. This means you have established a secure SSL connection and that all data transmitted through this connection will be encrypted. If you are receiving SSL Certificate errors when accessing the Oway websites, that means that the domain name in the SSL certificate does not match the address that is in the address bar of the browser. Alternatively, it may mean that your browser is misconfigured and does not accept the root certificate used by Oway. Please contact security@Owaytrip.com if you encounter this error.
If you suspect that any account information has been compromised or fraudulent charges have been made on your Oway account, please contact Customer Support immediately for assistance by contacting us through the website
Updates to this Information Security Policy
This Information Security Policy may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our information security practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Information Security Policy and indicate at the bottom of the policy when it was most recently updated.